Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happiness Is...

Every year I seem to make losing weight my new year's resolution, but never seem to make it past the end of January. For the past week, I have been changing the way my family eats/lives. We have tried to switch to more healthier foods and snacks. I have began to exercise more. I have done really well. Some of my temptations this past week have been: icecream, pecan pie, pizza...just to name a few. My biggest weakness is cherry coke....I have cut myself to 1 a week. I feel like that's the least I can do for trying so hard.
This morning, we had a playdate in Simpsonville, with some other twins. With interstate 385 being closed we are having to take a detour, which is on a 2 lane road and adds about 15 minutes to our travel. You'll never guess what we get behind. I just had to take a picture of it to share.
Here I am watching what I eat, and we get stuck behind this truck. So, for about 20 minutes we follow. I noticed that it says, "Happiness is a warm cookie". I look over at my husband and I told him...No, happiness is being able to fit into clothing you have not been able to wear since high school. Happiness is being comfortable in my skin. My temptation today would have to be this warm chocolate chip cookie.
Tonight, I was to go to Mom's Night Out with UMOMC at cupcake couture. Decorating cupcakes, sounds like loads of fun, but was I strong enough??? Also, our local YMCA began a new exercise class tonight, Zumba, at the same time. Which one did I choose....
I went to my very first Zumba class and had loads of fun. As, I was coming out of class there was a sign in the hall with this scripture on it: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.
This verse, put everything into perspective for me. I have had a lot on my mind lately and have been praying for things in our lives. I know that he does have a plan for us and everything will work out. I missed my friends at UMOMC, but I'm so glad I went to the Y, not only to get my workout, but also to open my eyes to live life to it's fullest.








No comments:

Post a Comment