Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back over 2010

WOW, we have came such a long way this year.
At the beginning of the year, my husband was still on the job hunt. This was very rough for our family of 6. I must say, even though a bad experience, this brought us together and made us a stronger family. In Feb/March David went back to work with a Sheriff's Dept. At this time, I also started moving up with my employer. God definitely blessed our family.

My photography business has been BOOMING this year. I have had the privilege of photographing at 3 daycare/schools. I also had 3 weddings to shoot this past year. I enjoy photography and love capturing memories for families. I hope 2011 will hold great things for LOLLIPOPZ PHOTOGRAPHY.

Zach turned 5 this year.We had a fire truck birthday party. I made my first fondant cake into a fire helmet. What an experience.... Maw Maw and PaPa bought him his first real turnout gear. I think this child will be the next firefighter in our family. He lives in a legacy of firefighters: great grandpa, grandpa, daddy, aunt, great uncle...I wonder if the legacy will continue?
Alyssa turned 11 this year. It just seems like yesterday that she was learning how to walk. She is growing up extremely to fast. Since, she is our only little girl(and yes she is still little to me) we decided to take her on a trip with just mom and dad and get away from all the brothers. We went to Atlanta to the American Girl Cafe. We got the dolls hair done, at at the cafe, shopped a little, had movie night at the hotel, and then got in the hot tub. She had an amazing time. I hope this will be a trip she never forgets.
During the summer, we always go to Garden City Beach with my family. There were 8 adults and 6 kids. I love going to the beach! It is one of my most favorite places on earth. If I ever win the lottery a beach house is top priority on my list.
Alyssa and Zach both started new schools this year. Alyssa is now in middle school. AHHHHHH!!!!!Zach started 5K at the elementary school. They have been doing really well this year. The transition has been smooth. 2 down, 2 to go.
We added a new addition to our family this year. NO not a baby! A sweet puppy named Bella. At one point we thought she had ran away and oh the tears that were shed. Once we found her(less that 3 hours), it was like a long lost reunion. We love this little dog.
The twins(Hayden and Collin) turned 2(I mean 3) this year. It is so hard for me to admit that they are growing up and becoming big boys. Our birthday party theme was the farm. We got to ride horses, hayrides, pet farm animals, and collect eggs. This year Hayden gave up his paci. We took him to build-a-bear and let him put his last paci in the monkey he choose. I am waiting to go in his room and find the money ripped to shreds. Collin had a visit to the ER(ambulance came to our house and all) over a busted head. He was such a brave little boy and did great. It is hard to believe that my 4 and 5 pound preemies and doing as well as they are.















I am sure you will be glad when I am done. It must be torture to read all of this.
We ended our year with a FANTASTIC Christmas! For the first time in my life, it snowed on Christmas. This is a first that the entire family got to experience together. God has blessed our family in so many ways this year. We sometimes forget how blessed we are. I strive to realize that more this year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment