Sunday, January 16, 2011

I love you to the moon and back!


Yesterday I was stuck, dead in my tracks, on what to blog about. Today, is a new day, and I am full of emotion. If you go back to my Small Town Living post, you can read the story of a little girl from SC that is in the hospital in critical condition, Nina. You can also find the link there to her caring bridge page. Nina is making improvements daily,and my prayer every night is for God to heal her body and bring her back home to her parents. I was introduced to a photographer's website today that lives about an hour away. He lost his 2 young children in car wreck last year and has a new child with some medical issues. I was scanning some other blogs last night before going to bed and ran across this blog: Enjoy the Small Things. This blog featured a child with down syndrome. If these blogs and stories do not bring you to tears and your knees, nothing ever will.

I sometimes feel like we, myself included, take life for granted. We take our parents, our spouses, even our children for granted. After reading the above circumstances it brings back so many memories for me. It reminds me of Alyssa having club foot surgery at a year old and the nurses giving her a sedative and her falling lifeless in our arms, it reminds me of having premature twins and seeing them for the first time(Hayden was on a ventilator), it reminds me of genetic testing that we went through to find out that Collin did NOT have down syndrome. It reminds me how BLESSED I am to have 4 healthy children. We are never promised tomorrow and we need to live each day to it's fullest. I can't imagine losing a child or even coming close, so hold your babies close tonight and say a special prayer for those in need.

I love you to the moon and back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment