Saturday, January 8, 2011

Listen when God speaks


I am a writer. I love to write and share my emotions that way. Lately, I have been struggling with a blog post. I feel like God has been speaking to me all week. If you look back at my New Year's Resolution post you would find this resolution (change in lifestyle) there: I hope to spend more time in daily devotions and help my faith grow. While putting H&C down for a nap,I can use that 3o minutes for my quiet time as well.

I have done fairly well with my devotions. I will have to admit that I have not been committed 100%. It has not been a top priority and has not been daily. I just didn't feel like it was the right devotion book. A great book, just not at the right time in my life. I kept praying at night for God to show me away to help with my devotions and make my faith and walk with him grow.

This morning, I woke up and this song was in my mind. I had not heard it before I went to bed, but these words kept going through my mind. Open the eyes of my heart Lord!!!! Here it was, what did he want me to do, where was I suppose to go from here?

I had to run some errands today and ended up at my last stop at a Christian bookstore. I bought a devotion for couples. Night Lights.

I felt like God was telling me that first I needed to make my marriage stronger, which will then help our children. Happy marriages have happy children. I love my husband, but sometimes I feel like I put him on a back burner to our children. I need to be his wife and the mother to our children.

I will keep you all updated in this journey. Keep our family and our marriage in your prayers.


Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment